Saturday, February 19, 2011

You don't see that everyday...

So I've heard from people that have lived here for a while that you will constantly see things that surprise you. I really thought oh I'm sure, but isn't that part of losing touch with the up to date? a.k.a. getting old... well I must be getting old because today I decided to explore Casa on foot by myself. On my way out of my neighborhood I saw an adolesant porcupine. I've never seen one in person before today, go figure that I would see it half way across the world. Who knew that porcupines live in Africa? Then while having my first lunch alone (in public in Casa, I know this sounds weird but women alone usually are targets for being hassled by men), and while enjoying my lunch, I'm sure I saw a male stripper. Even the guy in front of me did a triple take. A guy in daisey dukes and a shrug (no other shirt either, bare chested!) would draw attention in the states, but here... wow I'm surprised this guy wasn't arrested! Then after lunch and walking to the French version of target otherwise known as Alpha 55, to get a little shot of familiarity, I saw a skateboard competition. Which I've seen a motorcross race and alternative sports are very developing here but I was pleasantly surprised by them. So after being here for 7 months, I've finally bought stuff to do my own nails, it was pretty interesting to go through a French vocabulary lesson in make up, by the way the word for polish remover is dessolvant!

No comments:

Post a Comment